Invicta Watches With Contemporary Flair
Don't be fooled into thinking a 175-year-old watch company can't create something for today's contemporary customers. Quite the contrary is true of Invicta Watches. It is the company's ability to combine high-quality Swiss watches with modern styles that has kept the company at the top of its game. Invicta, which means invincible in Latin, has stayed in business precisely because its designers know what today's customers want. They want quality mechanics and contemporary, striking designs. The result is that Invicta offers more than 20 different watch collections for men and women - some dressier, some sportier and some more colorful than others. The choice is yours.
The Invicta Lupah Collection for men is a powerful combination of fine timepieces in contemporary styling. The word "Lupah" means to magnify. True to its name, the Lupah collection features a domed Flame Fusion crystal that magnifies the details of the dial.
· If you want a watch that only 2,300 people own, check out the limited edition Lupah Revolution, with the first ever Sellita SW 500 automatic chronograph movement. The rounded rectangular stainless steel case has an exhibition back that lets you watch the Swiss movement. The back also features your limited edition number, one through 2,300. On the dial are raised diamond accented Arabic numerals at 12:00 and 6:00, and raised diamond accented index markers at the remaining positions, except 3:00 and 9:00 because of the three subdials and https://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/beta/team_display.php?teamid=398122 the day and date window. The case is available in either gunmetal or rose-tone. Keep the watch close with a classic black leather strap that fits up to an 8¾-inch wrist. The Revolution is water resistant up to 100 meters.
· If you prefer something bolder, try the Lupah Revolution Swiss quartz chronograph, with its bright red or bright yellow polyurethane strap. It has the same stunning rounded rectangular black stainless steel case (in a polished or a brushed finish) and domed Flame Fusion crystal as the limited edition Revolution. But the color of this watch sets it apart. The red (or yellow) is used in the polyurethane strap, the dial and the three subdials. Those subdials include a 1/10 second counter near 2:00, a second counter at 6:00 and a minute counter next to 10:00. On the dial, you will find the same raised Arabic numerals at 6:00 and 12:00. Keeping your watch's time is a Swiss ETA G10.211 quartz chronograph movement. The strap measures 10¼ inches long by 30mm wide. It is water resistant to 100 meters.
The Angel collection is Invicta's line of watches just for women. The logo features a halo over the letter A in Angel and the tagline: "Divine Messengers of Time." Divine is a good way to describe the watches in this collection.
· The Wildflower Andraste Diamond Collection is a good example of the models in this feminine collection. It comes in three color combinations: a black leather strap with a black mother-of-pearl dial, black leather strap with a white mother-of-pearl dial, or a white leather strap with a white mother-of-pearl dial. The round case and matching bezel are all in rose-tone. On the dials, you will find large rose-tone Arabic numerals at 12:00 and 6:00 and matching dot index markers with diamond accents at all other hour positions except at 3:00, which is where the date window is placed. The watch runs on a Swiss Parts ISA 2331/103 Quartz movement. The leather strap is a generous 9 inches long. The watch is water resistant to 50 meters.
· For a smart-looking everyday watch, consider Invicta's Angel quartz diamond accent watch, with its black leather strap accented with white stitching. The rectangular, silver-tone stainless steel case is touched with a diamond accent at each corner. The watch is available with a black, brown, lime green or silver-tone dial. You decide which color you want to sport. Silver-tone index markers are placed at the quarter hours and silver-tone dots in the other hour positions. Powering this beauty is a Swiss Parts ISA 638/101 quartz movement. The strap fits up to a 7½-inch wrist. It is water resistant to 30 meters.
The name of this collection may sound traditional, or classic, but the watches are completely contemporary.
· The Classique Quartz mother-of-pearl watch comes in two stunning color choices - all silver or all gold, right down to the leather straps and the cases. The round gold-tone or silver-tone case features a beaded design bezel. The Flame Fusion crystal protects the white mother-of-pearl dial. You will find black Arabic numerals at all hour positions except 3:00, which is where the date window is located. It is powered by a Swiss Parts ISA 2320/103 quartz movement. The strap fits up to a 7¾- inch wrist. It is water resistant to 100 meters.
The Invicta line of watches proves that if you're looking for something contemporary, trust a company that has been around for two centuries.
Nick Fitzgerald is a freelance writer who writes about fashion apparel and brands such as Invicta Watches.